What Personal Information About Customers Does Costaricaguides.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your travel. Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests and communicating with you.
Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Costaricaguides.com. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at Costaricaguides.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Costaricaguides.com if your computer supports such capabilities.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Costaricaguides.com’s features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does Costaricaguides.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below. Costaricaguides.com controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include freelance guides, rent a cars, some special transportation services, etc. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Protection of Costaricaguides.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our “ Terms and Conditions” and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Costaricaguides.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites
Are Children Allowed to Use Costaricaguides.com?
Costaricaguides.com does not sell services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Costaricaguides.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Costaricaguides.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the Republic of Costa Rica. If you have any concern about privacy at Costaricaguides.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Cancellation Policies and Other Terms
1. To guarantee a reservation, the passenger’s information should be faxed or emailed and payment should be made upon confirmation.
2. Special information such as date changes, special meals, lodging, etc., should be written by email or fax to our office at the time of initial reservation.
3. When making a reservation, the client should ask for written confirmation from our Reservations Department as a guarantee.
4. To avoid charges on one day tours, written cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the tour’s departure time.
5. Charges for cancelled tours that require lodging are subject to individual hotel cancellation policies.
6. Expediciones Tropicales is responsible for running a tour once a confirmation has been received. Any tour cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to the tour departure’s time, will be charged in full (for one day tours).
7. If a passenger needs to cancel a tour with less 24 hours prior to the tour’s departure time, Expediciones Tropicales will give them the option to change the date of their tour. Applicable only for regular tours (one day tours).
8. Regular Tours are defined as one-day tours operated by Expediciones Tropicales.
9. In case of a “no show”, the service will be charged according to our regular fees.
10. Expediciones Tropicales will wait for a passenger no longer than 5 minutes after the specific pick-up time. After 5 minutes, the guide will ask the Hotel’s recepcionist to stamp a document in order to prove that he was there on time and will continue the tour with the other customers. The client will be charged as a “no show”.
11. For group and individual itineraries, special packages and services, other cancellation and payment policies may apply.
12. Your credit card is charged the total cost above at time of purchase.
Service is not guaranteed until full payment is received.
13. A cancellation made 2 weeks before the arrival date: No charge for the client. A cancellation made 1 week before the arrival date: The client will pay 50% to Expediciones Tropicales. A cancellation made less than a week before the arrival date: The client will pay 100% to Expediciones Tropicales. (Subject to individual hotel cancellation policies)
14. Passengers over the age of 10 years will pay the normal adult fee.
15. Passengers between the ages of 3-10 are considered children. Their fee is 75% of the adult fee.
16. Passengers under 3 years old are considered infants and are free of charge. Parents will assume their expenses and provide their meals.
17. Expediciones Tropicales reserves the right to change the route of any tour if it is considered to be beneficial to the client. Expediciones Tropicales reserves the right to exclude any participant from the tour if his/her behavior is in anyway injurious to the welfare of the group.
18. In some of cases, Expediciones Tropicales acts as an agent and requires external services from hotels, tour operators, restaurants, transportation companies or individuals, etc. In these cases, their insurance and cancellation policies have priority over ours. Nevertheless, our vehicles have the best insurance coverage allowed by the Costa Rican government