Several top Costa Rica hotels and resorts have recently added outstanding spas that compete on a world stage. These spas offer a variety of innovative spa treatments, ranging from Thai massage to the popular hot stone massage.
The ideal Costa Rica spa vacation does not have to be limited to relaxing at a resort. If you’re looking to combine recreational activities with a renewing spa experience, you can combine spa treatments with adventure and take full advantage of Costa Rica.
You can choose resorts that complement Spa services with activities such as tennis, golf, horseback riding and water sports. You can also pick a Day Spa when traveling and get an individual treatment that could last for as little as an hour, or multiple treatments that may take up to a full day. These spas are usually located in hotels and health clubs.
One of Costa Rica’s most luxurious and rewarded Spas is Tabacón Grand Spa. This five star luxury resort is recognized as a member of ‘The Leading Hotels and The Leading Spas of the World’. Its unique Spa offers the perfect combination of energy of the active Arenal Volcano, the heat of the Hot Springs and the pure air of the surrounding rainforest.
Other world-class Spas in Costa Rica are the following:
- Spa at Four Seasons Costa Rica – Peninsula Papagayo, Guanacaste
- Casa Spa at Hotel Punta Islita – Nicoya Peninsula, Guanacaste
- Spa at JW Marriott Resort & Spa – Hacienda Pinilla, Guanacaste
- Spa de Eros at Los Altos de Eros – Tamarindo, Guanacate
- Coco Beauty Spa – Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- Spa at Paradisus Playa Conchal – Playa Conchal, Guanacaste
- Raindrop Spa – Manuel Antonio, Puntarenas
- Sibo Rainforest Spa & Retreat at Los Suenos Marriott – Playa Herradura, Puntarenas
- Spa Neidin at Arenal Kioro – Arenal, Alajuela
- Gadi Spa at Montana de Fuego Hotel & Spa – Arenal, Alajuela
- Garden Spa at Arenal Volcano Inn – Arenal, Alajuela
- Spa at The Springs Resort & Spa – Arenal, Alajuela
- Mayin Spa at Hotel Arenal Paraiso – Arenal, Alajuela
- Spa Cleopatra at Martino Resort & Spa – La Garita, Alajuela
- Spa at Barcelo San Jose Palacio – San Jose
- Corteza Amarilla Art Lodge & Spa – Santa Ana, San Jose
- Zen Spa – Escazu, San Jose